Wednesday, April 22, 2009


I love Austin, I really do. I love the food, I love the open green spaces, and I really love the people. This last Saturday was my first time to show at the Austin Handmade Market. It was a little chilly, a little rainy, and there was a rooster crowing within earshot all day long, but that did not stop folks from coming out. From open to close, 12:00-6:00, there was a steady stream of people who wanted to see what was going on. Even though we took over the parking lot, there were still ample spaces along Mary St. to park. It was a really great mix of different mediums. There were a couple of jewelers, a soap maker, different work with fabrics, a book binder, and other really fun stuff. Seeing people stand in the rain to shop really warms the heart of a street show crafter. In the future the shows our host would like to have food, and music, and make it bigger and better each time. They wants to have a rotating mix of different crafters and artists for each show, so you will always see something different and new each time you stop by. The Market will be held every second and last Saturday of the month. I hope to see you out agin this Saturday, May 2nd, from noon-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment