Tuesday, April 7, 2009




This Saturday is the second ever Austin Handmade Market. It will be my first. I must admit I am a little excited. It has been a long time since I have been going to art shows regularly, and I am really looking forward to it. If you are in the Austin are this Saturday, April 11th, you should stop by 507 West Mary Street. It is right on the corner of South First and Mary, just north or Oltorf, you can not miss it. There are a lot of really cool places on South First if you have not been recently, it is worth a look see. The market is supposed to happen every second and Saturday of the month from 12-6, but this is a new thing so if it does not just roll with it people. The owners of the Austin Handmade store are super cool and very gracious to host an event like this so often for young artists, so I hope that everyone who can will stop by and look around. I know you will all be searching for a reason to leave the house being cooped up with your family for the Easter holiday anyhow. So bring all of your rich relatives over to the show. The Austin Handmade market is put on with my crafty group Etsy Austin. They are a great group of crafters and artists, and a really good mix of different mediums. There are jewelers, of course, all different kinds of textile work, a book binder, and even a metal worker, me. I hope to see, and meet a lot of folks out there. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment