Monday, October 19, 2009

The hardest thing

I think the hardest thing about trying to run your own business is admitting when you should seek help. I hit things with a hammer that is how I get them to work. When you are making business cards, there are no hammers involved. This fact puts me at a great disadvantage. I found a package of paper at my local office supply that said I could make my own business cards and flyers with my computer. This sounded like an excellent idea. It however was not. I can not say for sure if it was my computer, my printer, the software, or the fact that I was controlling the process, but as I had previously suspected I do not know how to make business cards. After hours of wasting paper, ink, and most importantly time, I decided to go to a print shop where they know about these things. As it turns out they could do it faster and cheaper than I could, and it looked a heck of a lot better. While I was there, just to be sure, I peaked around the counter and I was right they did not have a hammer there.

No comments:

Post a Comment