Monday, October 19, 2009

Meditation by hammer blow:

All of my life I have heard people talk about meditation, how you can clear your mind. As lovely as this sounded to me it is something that I have never been able to accomplish. I start to think about what needs to be done, or acquired. Before long I am up and working down the list I just created. Then this week when I was out in my shop I realized I have been meditating for years. I only think about the thing that I am doing if I am cutting I focus only on staying on the line. If I am polishing I only consider how to move so I can cover more of an area with one motion. This may not be the most accepted form of meditation, but it is the closest I think I will ever come. It is my break from the stressful and the mundane alike. I hope that you have a fixation like this in your life. Something that is so powerful to you that it can hold your attention, and make you notice each movement and how you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment