Friday, November 6, 2009

Labor or Love Arts and crafts show

The Labor or Love Arts and crafts show was a lot of fun. I had great neighbors, which is always a nice treat. The show was in doors, which also a treat. There were plenty of folks out for the chocolate cake. I am told it is famous, and it was rather tasty. I broke away from my little station and picked up a few goodies for my nieces and nephews. For the little man I found a hand made wooden train. He is at that age where anything with wheels will hold his attention. You would not believe how inexpensive this was. Charlie, the toy maker, told me they just try to cover the costs of the toys that they give away. How could I possibly say no after hearing that? He had a lot of other super cute push and pull toys, and hand painted puzzles. These are really pieces of art that a kid can play with, and some day pass down to their own children. Now for the girls it is all about glamour. They want glitz and flash, and is absolutely must be pink. I was thrilled to find this groovy purse made of vintage fabric, by Amy of Sweet tooth. I was even more thrilled to find that she could make me a second one out of the same fabric. It just would not do if they were not alike. Being the cool Aunt is not always that easy but it gets a lot easier when you run into artists of this caliber.

Charlie and Jan bush 512-264-2618
Amy Barber of Sweet Tooth http://www.sweettoothbags.com

No comments:

Post a Comment