Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting To That Age

My whole life I feel like I have been waiting to get to a certain age. I am almost 32 and I am not there yet. I consistently get carded to buy a lottery ticket. I guess I should be happy that people are not quite sure I look 18, but it is just silly. As far back as I can remember people have been telling me "wait until you get older" about everything from not wanting to have kids, to not liking asparagus.

So when exactly is older?

Do I have have gray hair? Well I found one just the other day. I think it may have fallen out because I can not find it now, but it was there. Do I have to have wrinkles when I am not smiling well I do there is one on my ear lobe, why on my ear lobe I have no idea. I have not worn a pair of earrings since the 90's but it is there.Do I have to crack and pop when I first get up? You can check that box.Do I have to dislike music made by people younger than me? That's a big 10-4 good buddy. I feel old. I think I look old, at least older than I did when I was 18.

So the question is this how old do you have to look before other adults believe that you know what you like to eat, what temperature you are comfortable in , or if you liked a certain movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment